THIS SWEEPSTAKES HAS ENDED. CONGRATULATIONS TO TIM WHITLEY!!!
STAY TUNED FOR THE RADICALLY FABULOUS BEAUTIFUL SKIN SWEEPSTAKES!
Most of my artwork is inspired by jazz.
Not just the sounds and personalities of jazz but by the spirit of energy, diversity,
and personal expression within the context of group expression that jazz
To me, this is the spirit of life and love.
– Harold Smith
Harold Smith is an acclaimed artist whose works have been shown in San Francisco and Kansas City. And they’ve been sold to collectors in the United States, Japan, France, Germany, Belgium, Israel, South Africa, Mexico, Panama and other countries around the globe. Representatives from major companies and institutions have purchased Harold Smith Art; they include Microsoft, The University of Minnesota, Liberty University, Tuskegee University, The University of California at Berleley and The National Afro-American Museum. Harold Smith currently has a solo exhibition at the American Jazz Museum in Kansas City, MO.
One lucky winner will snag a limited edition, auto-graphed and numbered Harold Smith print! This 11″ x 8.5″ print is a replica of the 40″ x 30″ oil on stretched canvas original; the image is used on a banner that hangs at the American Jazz Museum.
For a chance to win a “John Coltrane” print by Harold Smith: (a) You must subscribe to The Socialite Design, (b) and correctly answer the following questions by May 31, 2011 (HINT: The answers can be found on HaroldSmithArt.com by clicking the underlined key words in each question.) It’s the easiest open book test ever!) Use the contact form at the end of this post to transmit the correct answers to me. Persons who score a Perfect 2 and subscribe to The Socialite Design will be entered into a drawing. Only one person can win! Good luck!
The Radically Fabulous Art Snob Sweepstakes Pop Quiz
- Who is the curator of Harold Smith’s exhibition “Colors of Jazz” at the American Jazz Museum?
- The Harold Smith painting featured in the interview on Review Magazine includes a headline from what print publication?
Now that you’ve passed the quiz you must subscribe to The Socialite Design.
1. In order to qualify to win you must: (a) become a subscriber of The Socialite Design, (b) and answer both questions correctly by May 31, 2011 at 11:59pm est.
2. Only one entry per person.
3. You cannot win more than once within a 60-day period.
4. Its my game and my rules, so I reserve the right to cancel the contest at any time or extend entry dates. Yep, just like on the playground.
5. If you gave birth to me or are married to the person who gave birth to me or gave birth to the person who gave birth to me, you aren’t eligible to win. Sorry Mom & Grandma, but in the off chance that you happen to win I don’t want any “No fair; that’s yo mama drama!”
6. Contest ends on May 31, 2011 at 11:59pm est.
7. The drawing will be conducted by Fort Greene SNAP on or around June 3, 2011. The winner will be announced on The Socialite Design soon after the name is drawn. Since you must be a subscriber to claim the prize that means you’ll be notified via email immediately after I post the name of the lucky person!
8. To SUBSCRIBE look in the upper right hand corner, type your email address in the designated slot & click “Sign me up!” Then check your inbox (and spam folder) for the confirmation email. Once you confirm, you’re in and on your way to exciting adventures and possibly winning a gorgeous print!
♥♥♥A HUGE thanx to my RADICALLY FABULOUS SPONSORS! ♥♥♥
For me, creating art is a very natural and spontaneous process. To me, one may learn the technical aspects of artistic painting but the creative aspect is innate. I may mull over a concept or a piece of music for weeks before it comes together on canvas. When it comes together, I find a certain tension in painting as the paint clashes with the canvas and with itself.
The Fort Greene SNAP’s mission is to provide low and moderate income residents, in and near Fort Greene, access to gainful employment, further education, and quality health care by offering programs in technology, entrepreneurship and life skills.
STOP! BEFORE ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS, YOU MUST SUBSCRIBE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE SLOT LOCATED IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER. MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR INBOX & SPAM MAIL FOR THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL. ONCE YOU CONFIRM YOU MAY PROCEED. THANKS!
USE THE FORM BELOW TO ENTER THE DRAWING. PLEASE LIST YOUR ANSWERS IN PROPER ORDER ACCORDING TO THE QUESTIONS AND DOUBLE CHECK THEM BEFORE SUBMITTING. THERE ARE NO DO-OVERS!